Top 5 Best Action RPGs – Highest Rated Games
There are many action RPG games available in the market, but not all of them are good. So, I have made a list of the top 5 best action RPG games of all time. I hope that you will like this article.
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Release Date: March 3, 2017
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Role-playing, Open world
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Wii U
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is an action RPG game that is developed and published by Nintendo for multiple platforms. This game is the 19th main instalment in The Legend of Zelda series. The story of the game is that ancient evil has caused havoc. Now it's up to the player to stop this evil.
The game has won many awards including "Game of the Year". The player explores the open world of Hyrule and fights against enemies using weapons and items that he or she finds. The game also features side quests.
5. Diablo III
- Release Date: May 15, 2012
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Role-playing, Hack and Slash
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Diablo III is an action RPG game that is developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the third instalment in the Diablo series. The game has won many awards. It was released for multiple platforms including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
The world of Sanctuary has been corrupted by a fallen star, and the player has to defeat the demons and villains. He has to find the Black Soulstone and stop Diablo.
4. Dark Souls III
- Release Date: April 12, 2016
- Genre: Action, Role-playing, Hack and Slash, Single-player
- Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Dark Souls III is an action RPG game that is developed by From Software and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It is the fourth instalment in Dark Souls series.
The game aims to be the most ambitious game in the series, featuring more enemies on screen simultaneously than previous games, larger and more detailed environments, new weapon skills, a new armor skill system, a more flexible role system, and a more accessible game design.
The story of the game is that the player is a cursed undead who has to find Lords of Cinder and defeat them. He has to find the Fire Fades so that he or she can link the fire and prolong the Age of Fire.
- Release Date: September 9, 2014
- Genre: First-person shooter, Role-playing, Shooter, MMO
- Publisher: Activision
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Destiny is the third-person shooter and first-person shooter game. It features a multiplayer "shared-world" environment with elements of role-playing games.
Activities in Destiny are divided among player versus environment (PvE) and player versus player (PvP) game types. In addition to normal story missions, PvE features three-player "strikes" and six-player raids. A free roam patrol mode is also available for each planet and features public events.
The game takes place in a "mythic science fiction" world. In the game, the player is the guardian of the last city on Earth. He has to protect humanity and defeat the enemies. The game has a four-player co-op mode.
2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
- Release Date: June 29, 2001
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Role-playing, Single-player
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
The story of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction takes place before the events of Diablo II and after the events of Diablo: Hellfire, the first official expansion pack released for Diablo. As is the case with most of Blizzard's games, the storyline is well written and very detailed. It is based upon the conflict between the three Prime Evils: Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, who were banished from the Burning Hells by the Lesser Evils.
The three brothers were, however, able to corrupt the Worldstone, weakening the barriers between the Burning Hells and the mortal world. This allowed Diablo and his brothers to once again invade the mortal realm and wreak havoc upon the land.
The Lord of Destruction expansion pack centers around the fallen angel, Mephisto, and his attempts to capture the powerful artefact, the Worldstone.
1. Mass Effect 3
- Release Date: March 6, 2012
- Genre: Role-playing, Third-person shooter, Shooter, Single-player
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
The Mass Effect series is a science fiction action RPG that has been developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. It is the third and final game in the Mass Effect series. The game has a co-op multiplayer mode.
Mass Effect 3 is set within the Milky Way Galaxy in the year 2186, where civilization is threatened by a highly advanced machine race of synthetic-organic starships called Reapers. The player assumes the role of Commander Shepard, an elite human soldier who must stop the Reapers. Mass Effect 3 is a very popular game in the gaming industry and many gamers play it.
It's hard to select the best RPG games but I picked up the most popular and critically acclaimed RPG games which are released in the last decade. What's your top 10 list of RPG games? Do you agree with me? Comment below and share your views with us.